Opening up the world of Oracle
Oracle Training Courses
Browse our list of popular Oracle training courses below, including SQL, PLSQL, Discoverer and Oracle Forms and click here to find your next public training course or talk to us about easy onsite training.
SQL Training Courses
What is SQL?
By its very name, its structure is very formalised and has strict programming conventions, its syntax will seem pretty unforgiving to the User attempting to learn the SQL language without proper guidance and training.
SQL Training from Seer Computing
- One-day SQL for Users Part One course
- One-day SQL for Users Part Two course
- One-day SQL for Users Part Three course
- Two-day Essential SQL course
- Three-day Advanced 11g SQL course
- Four-day 9i SQL course
- Five-day 10g SQL course
With comprehensive SQL training in the UK, Ireland and Europe, click here to be taken to our contact details.
Need to use SQL with a software package ? Seer can train your delegates using SQL*Plus, SQL Developer or Toad products.
Oracle Discoverer Training Courses
What is Discoverer?
Oracle Discoverer can be rolled out to Users by using the 'Plus' version (accessed with a browser which needs the use of the Oracle Application Server) or by using 'Desktop', installed on individual's PCs.
No previous experience of Databases or SQL is needed to learn to use Oracle Discoverer, however some aspects of the Discoverer product are easier to use (or dont have to rely on the Administrator) if the User has some SQL knowledge.
Although ad hoc at the User side, Oracle Discoverer needs to be set up and maintained by a Discoverer Administrator using the Discoverer Administrator product to control access and the view of the Database for Users using an End User Layer.
Discoverer Training from Seer Computing
Three types of standard courses are available:
- The two-day course for Developers and Users in either the web-based version; Discoverer Plus, or the client based version in Discoverer Desktop.
- Three-day Discoverer Administrator course - develops the End User Layers to the highest standard of usability and professionalism and we offer comprehensive consultancy following the courses. As with all our Discoverer courses, when presented onsite, Seer Computing can customise the content to suit your requirements.
Choose the course length and securely use data pertinent to your Company. Click here to find out more about onsite Discoverer training.
Oracle Developer Training Courses
What is PLSQL?
In addition, PLSQL is used to create Database program units such as Triggers, Procedures and Functions, essential objects to ensure Database integrity.
PLSQL Training from Seer Computing
- Three Day PLSQL I - The fundamental PLSQL programming course, this covers the essential techniques needed to develop using the language, covering all major topics.
- One Day PLSQL II - This covers more advanced techniques of PLSQL programming.
- Five Day PLSQL 11G - This training course covers PLSQL for Delegates wishing to develop in an Oracle 11g environment
- Three Day Advanced PLSQL 11G - This training course is for experienced PLSQL Developers to get up to speed with new techniques in Oracle PLSQL 11g.
- Five Day PLSQL 10G - This training course covers PLSQL for version 10g of the Oracle Database.
- Three Day Advanced PLSQL 10G - This training course is for experienced PLSQL Developers to get up to speed with new techniques in Oracle PLSQL 10g.
- Four Day PLSQL 9i - This combines the PLSQL I and PLSQL II training courses and new features from version 9i of the Oracle Database.
What is Oracle Forms?
Complete systems can be built using Oracle Forms and Reports, and a lot of the functionality within Oracle Forms is created using built-in PLSQL objects, We therefore recommend the delegates attend the PLSQL I course before taking an Oracle Forms course.
Since version 9i of Oracle Forms the product can only be run via a web browser, necessitating the use of Oracle's Application Server, Forms 6i can be used via the browser or installed on individual user's PCs
Oracle Forms Training from Seer Computing
- Oracle Forms Version 6i
- Oracle Forms Version 9i
- Oracle Forms Version 10g
- Oracle Forms Version 11g
What is Oracle Reports?
A sophisticated program, Oracle Reports can be programmed to produce output in a variety of different styles from printable text to XML. In addition by using the build-in PLSQL, changes can be made to the Database when a report is run for auditing purposes for example.
Reports Training from Seer Computing
- Oracle Reports Version 6i
- Oracle Reports Version 9i
- Oracle Reports Version 10g
- Oracle Reports Version 11g
Oracle Database Administration Training Courses
What is a Database?
A poorly organised Database will result in the data being held in tables difficult to access quickly or with little relevance to Users requirements.
What is a Relational Database?
A relational Database works by identifying commonality within data and storing them in separate tables linking them together by relationships (commonly called foreign keys).
By placing the data in differant tables duplication can be avoided, for example if a manufacturer in Edinburgh produces 1000 different products it will be inefficient to store their contact details next to every product they supply, by placing the manufacturers details in one table and their products in another the data can be linked via possibly a Manufacturer Identifying code and both tables queried together to return all the details required.
Some modern relational Databases can hold thousands of tables most of which link to other tables to form complete records.
What is a DBA?
A DBA will have many different skills from being able to program in SQL and PLSQL to understanding how the Database is organised, keeping a constant eye on the performance of the Database serving the Users.
Oracle DBA Training from Seer Computing
Contact us now to talk about setting up your Oracle DBA Training course..